Update: After a brief exchange with the very helpful Kevin (also a poet) from Smashwords, I exercised the ‘nuclear option’—i.e., I saved my Word document as a plain text file, then re-applied all the formatting from scratch. It worked, so everything now looks the way it should. (As a precaution, I re-saved and uploaded the updated document to Amazon as well, so that the files will be consistent with each other.)
On the title thing, I chose to capitalize the only the first word. My updated file is now being reviewed, so I should know soon whether or not I have to do anything else.
I am taking advantage of the snow day, and the current break in my copy-editing work, to generate and upload the e-book editions of …but for the thoughts running through my mind. It is turning out to be a pain…Continue reading
I spent a good chunk of yesterday working on the Kindle edition of The Imperfect Document. The tricky part was getting the poem of the same name to look right in the Kindle previewer, since its impact partly relies on formatting. But, after two or three tries, I got it to look the way I wanted it to.Continue reading
When I uploaded the e-book version of Separation Anxiety to Smashwords, the only version that I could be sure would look the way it was supposed to was the Kindle version. Both the iBooks reader and Adobe Digital Editions rendered the ePub file quite differently—and neither looked very good, quite frankly. Since the ePub file passed the validation process, however, there wasn’t much I could do; I simply had to trust that it would work the way it was supposed to. Continue reading