ART 53, day 12

(I changed the title of this series of posts—finally!—because Working on the new book sounds really lame. Anyway…)

Today, I began raiding a past project for some layout ideas. From July 2009 through June 2010, I worked on creating one new layout for each day. For the most part, I succeeded (though there were a few days I had to play catch-up). Not all of the layouts were great, but I gave myself a new set of constraints each month to force myself to try a bunch of different stuff.

Here are three screenshots showing thumbnails of some of the ones I picked to explore (click on an image to see a larger version):

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 22.40.44Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 22.39.54Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 22.40.18

I did not necessarily put spreads together, so these examples may look a bit disjointed. The idea is to give myself several possibilities to work with and/or expand upon and/or diverge from.

How many of these will be adaptable to the material I have collected remains to be seen. But it’s a start…

(2 May 2016)

One thought on “ART 53, day 12

Comments are closed.