I found this monstrosity this morning when I went to check my website for something:

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 7.45.19 AM

Yes, somehow the decent sans-serif typeface (Raleway) I have been using for my headings is appearing as this bit of ugliness. I checked the Customize options, and the typeface selection is correct—but, for some reason, is not being displayed. I will be looking into this after another cup of coffee or two…

Update, 8:54 a.m.

Okay, I am officially confused. Here is what it looks like on my desktop computer—this is what it is supposed to look like:

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 08.53.23

Here is what it looks like when I click on View full site in Safari on my phone:


If you can, please take a look— If it doesn’t look like the middle screenshot above, please let me know. Thanks!

Update, 9:58 a.m.

Changed the typeface for headings to PT Sans. A different typeface still shows when I view the site on my phone, but at least it is still a sans-serif. For now, anyway, the site is displaying consistently on my desktop and my laptop. PT Sans also has the advantage of being one of the typefaces I used for my first book, Separation Anxiety, so it provides a bit of continuity.


(30 June 2016)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.