Time to play catch-up…

I have some catching up to do. It was a long weekend…

Last Thursday, I went to the doctor to have an ingrown toenail removed. The procedure went well, and took very little time, so I was soon back home and resting on the sofa, watching episodes of Scrubs on Netflix.

By the middle of the night, however, I was feeling really sick. I’ll spare you the details, except to say that my 42-year no-vomiting streak came to a definite end.

It was very fortunate that the copy-editing job I was expecting to get on Friday was delayed, because I spent all day on the sofa, drifting in and out of sleep. I got up only to put a couple of blankets in the laundry, give the cats food, and step outside long enough to accept the emergency groceries (applesauce and Gatorade®) that one of my friends was gracious enough to bring me. (Later in the day, I printed enough of a draft copy of the document I will be editing to provide a rough estimate for the folks sending me the job.)

I wrote nothing on Friday. I simply did not have the energy (mild caffeine withdrawal did not help matters any). Except for the aforementioned activities, about all I could muster was to click the button on the remote to answer Netflix’s recurring question, Are you still watching Scrubs?, and to drink enough water and Gatorade® to avoid becoming dehydrated.

Saturday was better, though I still felt very tired. I ate some applesauce, drank some Gatorade®, had some tea, ate a couple pieces of toast, and wrote a few short poems.

Sunday, I felt almost normal—well enough to make a short trip to the grocery store, anyway. Along the way, I realized that a bit more rest would be required. For now, though, I had saltines. And I wrote a few short poems (though not as many as the day before). Having finished Scrubs (except for the disastrous ninth season, which I skipped), I moved on to 3rd Rock from the Sun, alternating between that and Malibu’s Most Wanted on DVD.

Now it’s Monday. I have a call in to the doctor to find out if maybe the other night’s unexpected illness could have been a reaction to the local anesthetic. The document I will be editing appears to be delayed yet another day, so I have a bit of time to catch up on my blog posts and do a few things I let slide over the weekend.

Poems to follow…

(23 March 2015)