The Napowrimo.net prompt for Day 22 brought out the contrarian in me…
Make the impossible possible
They say these things are impossible:
- The sun can’t rise in the west.
- A circle can’t have corners.
- Pigs can’t fly.
- The clock can’t strike thirteen.
- The stars cannot rearrange themselves in the sky.
- A mouse can’t eat an elephant.
- We can change the names of the points of the compass.
- Place a square inside the circle.
- Sure they can. Pink Floyd have proven this time and time again.
- The clock at my apartment building strikes 87 every day. It takes 12 hours.
- In an expanding universe, the stars are constantly rearranging themselves.
- Well, not in one sitting.
Once you’re willing
to upend the rules
of language, geometry, logic, and perspective
you can make anything you want happen
I should really learn to do that
(21 April 2018—posted April 22nd)