Latest update 11/29/2018

There have been more changes this year than I was expecting. I’m not quite ready to summarize the year just yet, but suffice it to say that the changes now extend to one of my collections in progress, Straining Against the Margins.

The first change I’ll be making is to go back to the chronological sequence I used for my July 1st draft. With my next draft two months later, I went with a more conventional themed-section approach. That seemed to make more sense, particularly since I was experiencing something of a change in fortunes, which created a natural stopping point. But I have continued to add and subtract here and there—and will likely continue to do so through the end of the year—so my current approach no longer feels right.

The second change will be to the title. Given all that’s happened this year, Straining Against the Margins feels too limiting. I need to come up with something that’s less restrictive, at least in scope.

The cover will likely change as well. At the moment, I’m leaning towards a rough sketch I recently made on my iPad; this in turn may affect my type choices for the interior.

Finally, I may integrate my ‘bookstore poems’ into this collection, rather than keeping them separate—although giving them their own section is a distinct possibility.

I’m also toying with the idea of a hardcover edition—but I’ll wait until the collection is closer to completion.

Meanwhile, in a couple of days there will be just one month left in 2018. Finally!

(29 November 2018)